Saturday, September 10, 2011

A film you will never watch again

Other than The Last Airbender?

Ghost Rider (2007)

Ghost Rider

I demand a formal apology for the dialogue in this movie.

Actually, I demand a formal apology for this movie. Period.

Mephistopheles: [after Blaze defeats Blackheart] Congradulations, Johnny. You upheld your end of the bargain. It’s time I take back the power of the Ghost Rider. You get your life back. The love you’ve always wanted. You can start a family of your own. There are more deals to be made. More people willing to give their souls for what they desire. Let someone else carry this curse. You’re free now. After all… a deal’s a deal.
Johnny Blaze: [looks to Roxanne; points to Mephistopheles, his hand burning as fire flashes in his eyes] No. I’m gonna own this curse… and I’m gonna use it against you. Whenever innocent blood is spilt, it’ll be my father’s blood… and you’ll find me there. A spirit of vengeance… fighting fire with fire.
Mephistopheles: [angered] I will make you pay for this.
Johnny Blaze: You can’t live in fear.
Mephistopheles: [shouts] NO!
….

Please don’t make me search for more examples.

You know, I spend a lot of time wondering if I should feel sorry for Nicolas Cage or not. Is he a bad actor or does he keep getting saddled with bad movies like this? Are they hand-in-hand? Can a movie be good if it has Nicolas Cage in it? Nicolas Cage appears surprisingly successful despite his role in stroke-inducingly horrible movies like this one…

No comments:

Post a Comment