Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Consequels ~ Legit or no?

I had to wake up to share this story with you…

So I had this dream that I was standing in the ticket line for a movie I wanted to see. In my hand, there was a pair of pink tickets. When I got to the counter, I slapped the tickets down and said to the ticket guy, “I want to see this movie.”

He looked at me oddly and said, “You’ve already got the tickets. Go see the movie.”

I shook my head, tapped the tickets and then gestured to the woman next to me. “I want to see the real movie. I need the blue tickets, not the pink tickets.” The blue tickets were more expensive, but I knew that the blue ticket let me see the REAL movie.

“Oh,” he shrugged, “Naw, man, it’s the same movie, the blue ticket is just a consequel.”

“Consequel?” it sounded like ‘consequence’ and ‘sequel’ at the same time.

“Yeah. Consequel. You know, the same movie, only the screen is bigger, so consequently the movie is better.”

“Oooh!” IMAX versus regular. “Yeah.” I frowned and tapped the tickets again. “I want the consequel.”

“Oh, well, you should’ve just said so.” And he gave me the blue tickets…

So, that wasn’t ALL of the dream, but that was the important bit. Because now I’m going to pose to you the age-old question, only this time applied to the move-going experience:

Does size really matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment