Monday, September 19, 2011

October’s goal

So I do this thing where I dedicate every other month to focusing on one creative project. Since I have so many ideas, I have trouble figuring out how to finish one over the other. So on even number months, I focus on one project and try to crank out a next draft or tons of related work, and on odd number months I brainstorm and tinker with whatever idea I feel like so that when the next month comes, I know what I want to work on.

So, now that we’re half way through November, I’ve decided what October’s project is going to be. I’m going to work on Trope Tower.

Trope Tower Trope Tower ~ Comic (2011) by Me
Brodie wakes up in an elevator without the slightest inclination as to how he got there (or who he is, what he was doing, where he was going, why his hair is pink…) When the doors open, he finds himself smack dab in the middle of Trope Tower, a school for immature story elements.


Due to my experience with nanowrimo, my magic number is 50,000 words. It’s just enough to push me, but not so much that I can’t feasibly do it. However, since I want Trope Tower to be a comic rather than a written story, I think I’ll go by the old adage “a picture’s worth a thousand words” and attempt to produce 50 images for Trope Tower.

This is something completely new for me. Fifty images in a month is a lot, but I’m going to shoot for it and see where it goes. I plan to post the images as I produce them.

In the meantime, I still have another ten days to tinker with projects and gear up for the October plunge!

No comments:

Post a Comment