Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Favorite Pixar film

Monsters Inc. (2001)


This is SUCH a hard thing to decide on. Really, my favorite Pixar movie changes with my mood. It just so happens that my mood today is adorable things, of which there is plenty in Monsters Inc.


I think I have a certain affection for this movie because I babysat for an exceptional terror about Boo’s age. Boo seems like a cuter version of the little boy I had to watch over. Not that the kid was bad. He was just…energetic, you could say.

Anyway, most Pixar films are filled to the brim with vaudeville references/inspiration. Sometimes it feels like watching old Saturday morning cartoons. My particularly favorite scene in this movie is the part where Sully thinks Boo is in the trash compactor.

No comments:

Post a Comment