Monday, October 17, 2011

Best cameo in a film

Bill Murray
Bill Murray in Zombieland

Movie: Zombieland (2009)

This movie is my hero. After character Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson) repeatedly states throughout the movie that he loves Bill Murray, the actually meet Bill Murray. I think I was as stunned as Tallahassee was, and that’s only a fraction of the fun that occurs in this scene.

And yes, I consider this scene a public apology for Garfield.

Ruben Fleischer (director) on getting Bill Murray in the film: “Various people were sent the draft and passed, and then there was an actor that was attached but then two weeks before shooting he dropped out, and we were scrambling. Woody said ‘OK, let me make some phone calls,’ and he called Bill Murray and got him to do it.”

(movie quote) Bill Murray: My make-up guy taught me how to do this: corn starch, you know. Some berries, liquorice for the ladies. It suits my lifestyle. I like to get out and do stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment