Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Unloved (2009)

The Unloved (2009)
Director: Samantha Morton
Writers: Tony Grisoni, Samantha Morton
Stars: Molly Windsor, Robert Carlyle and Susan Lynch

Lucy is eleven years old. Having been neglected by her estranged mother and father, she is placed in a children's home. Through her eyes, we follow Lucy's struggle to cope with the system.

My Rating: 4 of 5 "Really Liked It"

What strikes me most about this movie is the mood. It's bleak but captivating, and something about it just feels so raw. It feels like truth. I really feel for the characters and really feel like I understand them even though their experiences are so different from my own.

Apparently this movie was made for TV? I need to look into it a bit more, but that's what IMDb says. That actually surprised me, since I don't associate made for TV movies with having such high quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment