Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Hunger Games



Movie Trailer of the Day: First official theatrical trailer for Pleasantville director Gary Ross’s big-screen adaptation of Suzanne Collins’ best-selling sci-fi book, The Hunger Games.

The film, which stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Stanley Tucci, Lenny Kravitz, and Donald Sutherland, is set to open wide March 23.
I have mixed feelings on this. I thought the books were fantastic right up until the end of the very last one, and that just completely ruined the whole series for me. It was one of the biggest literary disappointments I’ve experienced in a while. On the other hand, the story was absolutely right up until that point.

If you want to read a series along the lines of this one and not be disappointed by the ending, take a look at Scott Westerfield’s “Uglies” series. I read it years ago and I still think of it today, and I think overall the characters are much more enjoyable than Hunger Games.
That being said, I’m definitely going to see this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment