Sunday, February 13, 2011

A movie you were forced to see

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

And man, am I ever glad I got dragged there.

I’m not really a Planet of the Apes fan. It’s alright, but I generally didn’t like the characters and I wasn’t all that into the world that was created. I guess you could say it wasn’t my cup of tea. That’s why I didn’t have any interest in seeing this movie.

But one day I dragged Beckah out of bed and she walked with me to the theater down the street. It was Saturday morning, and since she was so kind as to actually wake up for the $6 movie tickets, I let her pick the movie. Beckah IS a Planet of the Apes fan, and so I was pulled along for the ride, much like she was.

Turns out the characters were actually engaging, and I just LOVED watching Caeser develop throughout the movie. By the time it was over, I was interested in watching Planet of the Apes again and see what I thought about it then. Still haven’t done that, but I’d like to.

No comments:

Post a Comment