Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A film you’ve walked out on, or wanted to

The Happening (2008)
The (nothing is) Happening

Could someone please tell me what happened to The Happening? Seriously? Why was this movie so BAD? Why did this happen- I just don’t understand how bad movies are made. Don’t they know they’re bad when they’re making it? How does this- why does- it’s just wrong.

I spent the whole movie waiting for something clever. Waiting for the movie to have a point, for the characters to figure something out, for someone- anyone- to do something.

Instead, I got something remotely less interesting than a nature documentary on dirt.

I would have walked out of this movie if I didn’t get into it for free. Still, I should have done it anyway just to spare myself the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment