Sunday, April 1, 2012

Oh boy... It seems my book line-up just got a WHOLE lot more interesting...

I just won two more books on Goodreads, bringing my lineup to a total of 8. None of them have arrived yet, but I've been informed that Danger Money is in the mail. I'm debating if I want to get two more lined up in the mail so I have a nice round 10, but I'm unsure. I think I've got plenty to work with for now, so I'll lay off the raffles and let other people pick them up.

Anyway, these next two books are going to be FANTASTIC (in a good and hilarious way in that I can't believe I actually won these books and I'm excited to read them but I have NO idea if they'll actually be good or not.)

Diaries of an Emotional Prostitute by Beatrice McClearn
People snare when I tell them that I’m an emotional prostitute. But after my rebuttal, they begin to realize that they are one too. Like me, they have pimped their emotions for the affections of another. Like me, they’ve gone through life tormented by the idea of living a happily ever after, not realizing that the ever after isn’t so happy.
Yeah, I know that one sounds really depressing, but we all need a sad book to read now and then. This next one will wow you. It's a perfect apology for the downer...

Queer and Pleasant Danger: The true story of a nice Jewish boy who joins the Church of Scientology and leaves twelve years later to become the lovely lady she is today by Kate Bornstein
Kate Bornstein--gender theorist, performance artist, author--is set to change lives with her compelling memoir. Wickedly funny and disarmingly honest, this is Bornstein's most intimate book yet, encompassing her early childhood and adolescence, college at Brown, a life in the theater, three marriages and fatherhood, the Scientology hierarchy, transsexual life, LGBTQ politics, and life on the road as a sought-after speaker.
Wild, right? I'm stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment